Prior to installing the WebLAPS, the following requirements must be met:
Install Java JRE or JDK version 1.8
Check that java executable is on your system PATH. Following command must return no errors
if any error occurred please fix your Java installation https://www.java.com/en/download/help/path.xml
- Make sure that network connection is open to port 636 (LDAPS) from weblaps host to domain controllers
- Make sure that your LDAPS is configured at your domain controllers. LAPS stores passwords in special confidential attribute which is accessible only via secured connection. https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/2980.ldap-over-ssl-ldaps-certificate.aspx
- Prepare service user in AD and grant it permissions to read and reset passwords.
- Export certificate of CA which signed certificate for LDAPS
- import CA certificate at mobile devices if you want to use LAPS mobile app and you use your own CA to issue certificate for WebLAPS server.